2. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before placing an order for any Travel Vaccines. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Travel Vaccines.
3. Each order (“Order”) that you place with us (or our agent) for Travel Vaccines constitutes an offer by you to purchase the relevant Travel Vaccines in accordance with these Terms. You are responsible for ensuring that any such Order is complete and accurate. Please note that we are not under any obligation to accept Orders.
4. After you place an Order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your Order. However, please note that this does not mean that your Order has been accepted. An Order is deemed to be accepted by us when we (or our agent) dispatches the Travel Vaccines against that Order, at which point the Contract will come into force. Each Order that you place creates a separate Contract with us, subject to our acceptance as described above.
5. Descriptions, specifications or illustrations of Travel Vaccines on the website or other sales materials (whether online or in paper form) are for illustrative purposes only. They shall not form part of the Contract and do not have any contractual force.
6. In the event of stock shortages, we reserve the right to substitute a different presentation of the same Travel Vaccine (of the same dose) at any time, including after an Order has been accepted by us (or our agent). For this purpose, the term “presentation” may include vials, pre-filled syringes, single packs and multi packs. The vaccines provided will have at least 3 months shelf life remaining at time of delivery.
7. Certain discounts are calculated per transaction, and different levels of discount will apply to different vaccines. Please note that discounts may vary by type of product and volumes ordered, and higher discounts may be available for Orders placed via the website, rather than via alternative routes (such as phone, email and GSK representatives). Discounts and prices are subject to change, and any promotion or special offer may be withdrawn or amended, at any time, without notice to you.
8. Where Orders are placed before 7.30pm Monday to Friday for a UK mainland address, we will use our reasonable endeavours to arrange for delivery on the next working day. Highlands, Western Isles, Jersey and Guernsey deliveries may take up to 48 hours working hours.
9. We may amend these Terms from time to time by updating them on www.vaccines.co.uk and/or by notifying you in writing. Every time you place an Order with us the Terms in force at the time of the order will apply to the Contract between you and us. Please check these Terms to ensure that you have read and understand the terms and conditions which will apply at the time you place an Order.
10. Prices and discounts are GSK’s confidential information and are not to be disclosed to a third party unless you are required by law to do so. If you are required by law to disclose prices and discounts to a third party, you must consult GSK in advance of any disclosure.
11. The resources available via www.Vaccines.co.uk are intended to support health care professionals in their running of vaccination services and are in no way intended as an inducement to purchase a vaccine.
12. These Terms, the Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms, the Contract or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
13. GlaxoSmithKline Travel Vaccines Standing Orders
13.1 Your standing order summary available on www.vaccines.co.uk shows the delivery schedule for orders that you have placed with GSK for Travel Vaccines for the forthcoming rolling 12 month period.
13.2 You may increase (subject to availability) or decrease the number of doses required for a particular Order, or cancel any order via www.vaccines.co.uk or by contacting the GlaxoSmithKline Customer Contact Centre (0808 100 9997) up to 14:30 the day prior to the relevant delivery date.
13.3 Each single monthly volume in your standing order is a separate Order placed with GSK. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that any discounts available shall apply on an Order-by Order basis and not cumulatively for all Orders placed by you.
13.4 When placing your standing order online you will be quoted the price applicable at the time that you place your standing order. All subsequent Orders will be charged at the price notified by GSK to you prior to dispatch of the relevant Order. GSK may notify you of any such changed to the price and/or the applicable discount in writing and/or by updating the price and discount on www.vaccine.co.uk.
13.5 If a standing order is eligible for an online discount, the online discount will only be applied if the standing order is set up and edited by the customer through www.vaccines.co.uk. If the standing order is set up and/or edited by a GSK representative, standing order will not qualify for an online discount.
13.6 The supply of Travel Vaccines is subject always to GSK’s Terms of Vaccines Purchasing and GSK’s Conditions of Sale as amended from time to time.
Conditions of sale
1.1.1 Unless otherwise agreed in writing by GlaxoSmithKline UK Limited (“GSK”), these conditions shall apply to the sale of all products contained in the current Price List (the “Products”) and shall apply to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions of the acceptance by GSK of the Customer’s order.
1.1.2 Each order shall be deemed to be an offer by the Customer to purchase Products subject to these conditions. No order shall be accepted until Products are dispatched to the Customer against that order by GSK or on its behalf.
1.1.3 1.1.3 No variation of these conditions shall be effective unless expressly agreed to in writing by an authorised representative of GSK. Nothing in these conditions shall limit GSK’s liability for fraud.
The price payable shall be the last price notified by GSK to the Customer prior to dispatch of the Products. All prices are quoted exclusive of VAT.
All accounts are monthly. Payment must be remitted to GSK, GSK’s Logistics Service Provider (“LSP”) or such other person as GSK may specify in writing from time to time by the end of the month following the month of invoice. If payment in cleared funds is not received by the due date by GSK, the LSP or other person specified by GSK, GSK may suspend any future deliveries of Product, credit facilities will be suspended and any pending discounts will be held until the debt is cleared. Upon payment of the debt the discount will be released. No further orders will be accepted until the overdue amount has been received and credit facilities reinstated.
4 Carriage and Delivery
4.1 All prices quoted are inclusive of carriage.
4.2 Any date given for delivery is an estimate only and GSK will not be liable for any delay in delivery nor shall delay entitle the Customer to reject Product unless such delay exceeds 30 days from the date given otherwise than as a result of the Customer’s fault.
4.3 The Customer shall acknowledge receipt of the Products by signing the LSP’s delivery sheet or complying with such other requirement as to proof of delivery that GSK or the LSP may require.
4.4 The Customer shall notify GSK or its LSP in writing within three working days of delivery of any loss, damage or shortage of the Products otherwise GSK shall have no liability for such claims.
4.5 The complete packaging should be retained if pilfering is suspected or if breakage has occurred. If pilfering is suspected, GSK and its LSP should be notified immediately.
4.6 In the event of non-arrival of goods, the Customer must inform GSK or its LSP within three days of the date of the invoice or advice of dispatch, otherwise GSK shall have no liability for such claims.
The Products shall be at the risk of GSK until delivery to the Customer’s premises or to any point of delivery nominated by the Customer. Thereafter risk in the Products shall pass to the Customer.
6.1 Notwithstanding that the risk in the Products supplied by GSK may pass to the Customer, ownership of the Products shall be retained by GSK until the earlier of:
(a) Receipt of payment in full and in cleared funds by the LSP or such other person as GSK may specify in writing from time to time;
(b) Resale or dispensing in response to NHS prescription of the Products by the Customer.
6.2 If the Customer is in breach of any of these Conditions or if the Customer shall become bankrupt or enter into liquidation whether compulsorily or voluntarily (except for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction) or make any arrangement, scheme or composition with its creditors, or if a trustee, receiver, administration receiver, provisional liquidator or other similar offer is appointed in respect of all or any part of the business or assets of the Customer, GSK may suspend deliveries of Product to the Customer, suspend credit facilities and hold any pending discounts. In such event, GSK shall also have the right at anytime to repossess the whole or any part of the Products in respect of which ownership remains with GSK and for the purpose to enter on to premises occupied by the Customer or under the Customer’s control. Exercise of this right shall be without prejudice to any other rights GSK may have.
6.3 Whilst ownership of the Products remains with GSK, the Customer shall ensure that the Products are stored correctly and so that they may be clearly identified from their respective batch numbers and as GSK’s property.
7. Returned Products
7.1 GSK shall be under no obligation to accept the return of any of the Products ordered by the Customer except in the event of notification by the Customer under Condition 4.4 above or condition 7.3 below.
7.2 Returned Products must be in whole original packs supplied by the LSP or by GSK. Products should be returned within three working days of receipt.
7.3 Return of Products requiring temperature controlled storage will be accepted to correct a delivery error only and these must be returned no later than the next working day following delivery and must have been stored correctly whilst on the Customer’s premises.
7.4 Products will not be accepted for return if they have been relabelled or if any tamper-evident seals have been broken.
7.5 All returned Products must be returned carriage paid. In appropriate cases, a refund of reasonable carriage charges will be made.
8. Product Complaints
In the case of a product complaint, the Customer should notify the GSK Customer Contact Centre (0800 221 441) and provide a full description of the nature of the complaint and the batch number(s) of the Product(s) concerned.
9. Recall of Products
GSK may, at any time in its absolute discretion, institute a recall of Products supplied to the Customer. Any such request for recall in the first instance maybe made verbally, but will be confirmed in writing. The cost of collection of any of the Products subject to recall will be borne by GSK and GSK and/or its LSP shall make all arrangements for collection of the Products concerned. The procedures to be adopted by the Customer in the event of a recall shall be notified from time to time in writing by GSK or its LSP to the Customer.
The Customer shall not sell the Products outside the European Economic Area, which have been supplied to the Customer by GSK. Furthermore, the Customer shall impose on all customers to whom it sells the Products terms identical to those imposed upon the Customer under this clause.
The construction, validity and performance of these conditions of sale shall be governed by the laws of England and any claim or dispute arising there from shall be subject to the jurisdiction of, and be determined by, the Courts of England & Wales.